Earth Day is this Saturday and locals are getting ready to clean the Capital Region! If you’re wondering what you can do to help celebrate in the Capital Region here are some ways you can get involved!
1. Participate in a community clean-up: Several organizations in Albany, NY organize community clean-up events on Earth Day. You can participate in these events and help remove litter and plastic from parks, roadsides, and other areas.
2. Attend an Earth Day festival or event: Every year, several Earth Day festivals and events are organized in Albany, NY. These events usually feature live music, environmental talks, and workshops on sustainability. Attending these festivals or events is a great way to learn about environmental sustainability and connect with other like-minded individuals. Like the event at the Albany Pine Bush Preserve tomorrow where they plan to have a variety of activities for kids to learn about Earth Day taking place throughout the preserve from 9am -12 noon, reservations are required.
3. Plant a tree: Planting a tree is a simple yet effective way to celebrate Earth Day. You can either plant a tree on your property or participate in a community tree-planting event to make a larger impact. Your kids can do just that at the Earth Day event at Colonie Center on Saturday, April 22nd from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM near L.L. Bean. Children will get the opportunity to plant seeds and take them home to watch them grow!
4. Reduce your carbon footprint: On Earth Day, you can make a pledge to reduce your carbon footprint by opting for environmentally-friendly practices. For example, you can switch to energy-efficient light bulbs or reduce your plastic consumption by using reusable bags and water bottles.
5. Support local producers: Another way to celebrate Earth Day is by supporting local farmers and producers. By purchasing produce from local farmers, you can reduce the carbon footprint associated with food transportation and support local businesses at the same time. This weekend Indian Ladder Farms in Altamont has baby animal days where kids can learn more about their farm animals.
These are just a few ways to celebrate Earth Day in the Capital Region. Remember, Earth Day is not just celebrated on April 22. You can make a conscious effort to be environmentally-friendly all year round. How are you celebrating Earth Day tomorrow?
Feature photo via Pixabay
- ‘Nuclear Circus’ Coming to the Capital Region‘Humans Gone Wild’
- Comedian Matt Rife Adds Another Capital Region DateGet your tix quick!
- Arrested Development to Play Schenectady Summer NightThe Capital Region’s biggest block party is back for 2023!
- Local Choirs to open for ForeignerTwo local chorus groups set to open for the legendary rock band Foreigner and Loverboy at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) on August 1st.
- Hot Air Balloons in the Capital Region Skies this WeekendHot air balloons, fireworks, carnival rides and more
- [PHOTOS/VIDEO] 25 Years since the Mechanicville TornadoA once in a lifetime storm that ripped through the Capital Region
- Smoky Skies in the Capital Region Tonight, Here’s WhyIt’s actually coming from very far away
- Scotia Announces Freedom Park Concert Series LineupCheck out the local favorites performing this year!
- Fee Free Tickets Opening Day at the SPAC Box OfficeSPAC Route 50 Box Office Opens for the season with no fees to multiple concerts this summer
- Ronald McDonald House prepares for 5K Fun Run and Birthday BashThe Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region is getting ready for their Birthday Bash and annual 5K Fun Run and Birthday Bash on Saturday, June 24th.
- BREAKING: Tina Turner Passes AwayThe legendary and beloved ‘Queen of Rock N Roll’ was 83
- Ballston Spa Announces Summer Movie SeriesFirst Fridays are for movies in B-SPA
- 200 New Jobs Coming to the Capital RegionGreat news!
- Free Summer Movies at Albany’s Palace TheatreNeed a spot to bring the kids on super-warm summer days? The Palace Theatre will once again be offering their free ‘Summer…
- Big Show Announced for Summer 2024 at SPACAlready getting ready for next summer!
- Colonie, Be Prepared to Boil Water Through the WeekendOfficials will continue testing for safety
- Tri-City Valley Cats Giving Away Free Chick-fil-AThe anticipation has been building for YEARS in the Capital Region, when will we finally get our Chick-fil-A? Two restaurants are almost…
- Big Carnival Underway in ColonieRides, thrills and fair food!
- Albany Airport Adds New Direct FlightsThe new flights will be offered starting this summer
- What’s Going on at this Clifton Park Strip Mall?Who’s moving in?