The spring showers are bringing all the flowers to Troy this weekend for the Capital Region Flower & Garden Expo at Hudson Valley Community College. The fun starts today and continues through Sunday bringing hundreds of Capital Region residents together as we start preparing for the big spring bloom.
The Capital District Flower & Garden Expo is a spring tradition and the first sign of spring in NY’s Capital Region. This year the expo is boasting about there being more of everything, from floral and garden displays, to plant vendors, and even more seating. Even bringing in more food offerings than ever before inviting food trucks to join the festivities this year. Plus with the 3,000 square foot Marketplace and free tastings from 17 NY wineries and distilleries its sure to be a great time.
Those ready to learn can sit in on lectures and demonstrations with a full schedule of events at FlowerAndGardenExpo.com. The arena this year has even been transformed into a stunning full-scale garden exhibit with spectacular floral arrangements, sand sculptures and the all new Ecological Landscape exhibit that includes educational stations.
Tickets are, $15 with discounts offered for those purchasing a 3-day pass and are available for purchase at FlowerAndGardenExpo.com or at the door. A portion of all ticket sales goes to the Wildwood charity providing people and families living with autism and developmental disabilities with the very best innovative support.
The official kick off to spring has sprung into Troy this weekend with the Flower & Garden Expo at Hudson Valley Community College.
Feature Photo: Pixabay
- ‘Nuclear Circus’ Coming to the Capital Region‘Humans Gone Wild’
- Comedian Matt Rife Adds Another Capital Region DateGet your tix quick!
- Arrested Development to Play Schenectady Summer NightThe Capital Region’s biggest block party is back for 2023!
- Local Choirs to open for ForeignerTwo local chorus groups set to open for the legendary rock band Foreigner and Loverboy at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) on August 1st.
- Hot Air Balloons in the Capital Region Skies this WeekendHot air balloons, fireworks, carnival rides and more
- [PHOTOS/VIDEO] 25 Years since the Mechanicville TornadoA once in a lifetime storm that ripped through the Capital Region
- Smoky Skies in the Capital Region Tonight, Here’s WhyIt’s actually coming from very far away
- Scotia Announces Freedom Park Concert Series LineupCheck out the local favorites performing this year!
- Fee Free Tickets Opening Day at the SPAC Box OfficeSPAC Route 50 Box Office Opens for the season with no fees to multiple concerts this summer
- Ronald McDonald House prepares for 5K Fun Run and Birthday BashThe Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region is getting ready for their Birthday Bash and annual 5K Fun Run and Birthday Bash on Saturday, June 24th.
- BREAKING: Tina Turner Passes AwayThe legendary and beloved ‘Queen of Rock N Roll’ was 83
- Ballston Spa Announces Summer Movie SeriesFirst Fridays are for movies in B-SPA
- 200 New Jobs Coming to the Capital RegionGreat news!
- Free Summer Movies at Albany’s Palace TheatreNeed a spot to bring the kids on super-warm summer days? The Palace Theatre will once again be offering their free ‘Summer…
- Big Show Announced for Summer 2024 at SPACAlready getting ready for next summer!
- Colonie, Be Prepared to Boil Water Through the WeekendOfficials will continue testing for safety
- Tri-City Valley Cats Giving Away Free Chick-fil-AThe anticipation has been building for YEARS in the Capital Region, when will we finally get our Chick-fil-A? Two restaurants are almost…
- Big Carnival Underway in ColonieRides, thrills and fair food!
- Albany Airport Adds New Direct FlightsThe new flights will be offered starting this summer
- What’s Going on at this Clifton Park Strip Mall?Who’s moving in?