A rare sight for sure. Starting Saturday, half the planets in our solar system will appear at the same time. The celestial event will begin around sunset on Saturday and will continue through March 30th.
Science Alert says Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Uranus will come together in an ‘arc formation’. They say just after the sun sets, Jupiter and Mercury will appear next to each other, but only for an hour or so before they sink back under the horizon.
Venus will be the brightest, Uranus will be the most difficult to see because of its distance, but if you’re in a dark enough place and have binoculars or a telescope, you may be able to catch a glimpse. Mars won’t be as bright as Venus, but will be easily visible.
As a bonus, Saturn may also be visible on the mornings of March 27 and 28 just before sunrise.
It’s recommended you download an app like Sky Map to help direct you to the planets.
feature photo: Reuters
- BIG 80s & 90s WeekendThis weekend B95.5 is bringing you the BIGGEST hits of the 80s & 90s!!
- Fee Free Tickets Opening Day at the SPAC Box OfficeSPAC Route 50 Box Office Opens for the season with no fees to multiple concerts this summer
- Ronald McDonald House prepares for 5K Fun Run and Birthday BashThe Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region is getting ready for their Birthday Bash and annual 5K Fun Run and Birthday Bash on Saturday, June 24th.
- BREAKING: Tina Turner Passes AwayThe legendary and beloved ‘Queen of Rock N Roll’ was 83
- Ballston Spa Announces Summer Movie SeriesFirst Fridays are for movies in B-SPA
- 200 New Jobs Coming to the Capital RegionGreat news!
- Free Summer Movies at Albany’s Palace TheatreNeed a spot to bring the kids on super-warm summer days? The Palace Theatre will once again be offering their free ‘Summer…
- Big Show Announced for Summer 2024 at SPACAlready getting ready for next summer!
- Foreigner Chorus VotingVOTE NOW for what choir should open for Foreigner and Loverboy August 1st at SPAC!
- Colonie, Be Prepared to Boil Water Through the WeekendOfficials will continue testing for safety
- Tri-City Valley Cats Giving Away Free Chick-fil-AThe anticipation has been building for YEARS in the Capital Region, when will we finally get our Chick-fil-A? Two restaurants are almost…
- Big Carnival Underway in ColonieRides, thrills and fair food!
- Albany Airport Adds New Direct FlightsThe new flights will be offered starting this summer
- What’s Going on at this Clifton Park Strip Mall?Who’s moving in?
- Food Truck Festival Coming to East GreenbushSummer is delicious and food truck fare is extra tasty. If you love the street food atmosphere, you’ll want to head over…
- Ice Cream, Mini Golf, Go Kart Complex Coming to GlenvilleThe family fun destination will open this summer
- Capital Region School to ‘Lock’ Student’s Cell PhonesPhones will be ‘locked up’
- The B 95.5 Secret SoundListen for the B95.5 Secret Sound it could be your chance to win cash!
- City of Troy Announces Powers Park Concert SeriesA big lineup of party bands and tribute bands will be performing this summer
- Cooperstown ‘Rail Biking’ The Perfect Day Trip From The Capital RegionIf you’re looking for a unique and fun activity to do with a group of all skill and fitness levels then look…