Woah! That’s gotta be a pretty significant sinkhole to take on a a giant CDTA bus.
A watermain break at the corner of 4th and Federal Street is wreaking havoc on traffic near the Green Island Bridge in Troy. A massive sinkhole formed in the road and a CDTA bus became its victim – getting stuck in the hole.
Water can be seen gushing out all over the street as the bus remains stuck. An observer says one person was helped off the bus by the Troy DPW. Photos and video of the situation can be seen below.
Breaking — Major water main break/sink hole at 4th and Federal St in Troy. A @CDTA bus is stuck in the hole, one passenger was escorted from the bus by city DPW crews. @WNYT pic.twitter.com/Nweq35lLft— Kevin Montano (@KevinMontano) March 17, 2023
Detours have been set up in the area as crews try to fix it, but they tell anyone approaching the area to expect delays.
⚠️TRAFFIC ADVISORY⚠️ TPD, TFD and @TroyCityHall are on scene of a water main break on 4th Street at Federal Street. Expect delays in the area while repairs are made. 4th St & 3rd St are closed between Fulton/Federal. pic.twitter.com/1XVlioxaMy— Troy Police Department (Troy, NY) (@TroyNYPolice) March 17, 2023
[NewsChannel 13] [CBS 6]
feature photo: Kevin Montano, Twitter Video
- New Date for Bruce Springsteen in Albany AnnouncedHe canceled his March 14th show due to illness.
- What is Actor Bill Murray Doing in Albany?Here’s where you can expect to see him this weekend
- Need a Summer Gig? Live Nation at SPAC is HiringWork at one of the biggest destinations in the Capital Region
- VIDEO: CDTA Bus Almost Gets Swallowed by SinkholeChaotic scene in Troy Friday morning
- Dance the night away on stage at SPACThe Saratoga Performing Arts Center Announces its inaugural Summer SPACtacular
- There’s snow stopping it nowSnow continues to fall leaving thousands without power.
- Grammy winning artists to join 2023 SPAC lineupSupergroup TLC and Shaggy coming with special guests En Vogue and Sean Kingston
- It’s a Nor’easter! Snow Totals Increased Across the Capital RegionWhen will it start, when will it end and how much will we get?
- Springsteen Postpones Albany ShowThe announcement was made Sunday afternoon
- Free Coffee on Daylight SavingGrab a free pick me up if you’re tired after springing ahead
- New Ballston Lake Pier and Boat Launch to Open in MayAnglers and kayakers have been waiting almost two years for this
- Road Closures in Albany for St. Patrick’s Day ParadeIf you’re going to Albany Saturday, here’s where to avoid driving/parking
- Truck Pulled from Hudson River in Troy [VIDEO]A large team of emergency crews are on the scene
- Springsteen Postpones Ohio Show Due to IllnessHis Albany date is only five days away
- Could 70 mph Speed Limit be Coming to New York State?Two state legislators are making the pitch for it to happen. The speed limit hasn’t been raised since 1995, when it went…
- Food for Thought & All That Jazzdon’t miss the 31st annual celebration of Food for Thought and All That Jazz on Tuesday, April 4th 5:30pm at SUNY SCCC
- Proctors announces its 2023-2024 Subscription SeasonProctors Collaborative pulled out all the stops last night during their circus themed bash to announce their 2023-2024 Subscription Season for Proctors…
- Scotia Getting a New Bakery on Saturdayand they’re offering free cookies!
- VIDEO: Were You Stuck on the Northway Monday Night? Here’s WhyTraffic was down to one lane
- Height Measuring System Coming to the Glenville BridgeWill this finally fix the problem?