At least three schools in the Capital Region received threats of violence via email early Monday morning. According to posts on their respective websites, the schools are Watervliet, North Colonie and the Heatly School in the Green Island district.
Each school issued a statement saying a non-specific threat came through via email. Police were contacted in each incident. Watervliet Superintendent, Dr. Donald Stevens, said an investigation began Monday morning:
This morning before staff and student arrival, we did a sweep of both schools and the parking areas that surround each building. Administrators also conducted a bag check this morning at Watervliet Jr.-Sr. High School. In addition, the WPD has provided an increased police presence around the schools today as a precaution, and recess at Watervliet Elementary School will be indoors.
There was an increased police presence at each school throughout the day. There were also reports of similar threats made to schools in downstate New York. NewsChannel 13 reports the threats were not deemed credible.
photo: Jason Lawrence, Flickr Creative Commons (CC BY 2.0)
- New Date for Bruce Springsteen in Albany AnnouncedHe canceled his March 14th show due to illness.
- What is Actor Bill Murray Doing in Albany?Here’s where you can expect to see him this weekend
- Need a Summer Gig? Live Nation at SPAC is HiringWork at one of the biggest destinations in the Capital Region
- VIDEO: CDTA Bus Almost Gets Swallowed by SinkholeChaotic scene in Troy Friday morning
- Dance the night away on stage at SPACThe Saratoga Performing Arts Center Announces its inaugural Summer SPACtacular
- There’s snow stopping it nowSnow continues to fall leaving thousands without power.
- Grammy winning artists to join 2023 SPAC lineupSupergroup TLC and Shaggy coming with special guests En Vogue and Sean Kingston
- It’s a Nor’easter! Snow Totals Increased Across the Capital RegionWhen will it start, when will it end and how much will we get?
- Springsteen Postpones Albany ShowThe announcement was made Sunday afternoon
- Free Coffee on Daylight SavingGrab a free pick me up if you’re tired after springing ahead
- New Ballston Lake Pier and Boat Launch to Open in MayAnglers and kayakers have been waiting almost two years for this
- Road Closures in Albany for St. Patrick’s Day ParadeIf you’re going to Albany Saturday, here’s where to avoid driving/parking
- Truck Pulled from Hudson River in Troy [VIDEO]A large team of emergency crews are on the scene
- Springsteen Postpones Ohio Show Due to IllnessHis Albany date is only five days away
- Could 70 mph Speed Limit be Coming to New York State?Two state legislators are making the pitch for it to happen. The speed limit hasn’t been raised since 1995, when it went…
- Food for Thought & All That Jazzdon’t miss the 31st annual celebration of Food for Thought and All That Jazz on Tuesday, April 4th 5:30pm at SUNY SCCC
- Proctors announces its 2023-2024 Subscription SeasonProctors Collaborative pulled out all the stops last night during their circus themed bash to announce their 2023-2024 Subscription Season for Proctors…
- Scotia Getting a New Bakery on Saturdayand they’re offering free cookies!
- VIDEO: Were You Stuck on the Northway Monday Night? Here’s WhyTraffic was down to one lane
- Height Measuring System Coming to the Glenville BridgeWill this finally fix the problem?