Hannaford Supermarkets and B95.5 are partnering to identify and celebrate women in the Capital Region its the
20 Outstanding Women!
Todays Outstanding Woman is Christine Rem of Clifton Park!
Christine is a dedicated Army Reserve Nurse who goes above and beyond for veterans. She attained the rank of Colonel with several active duty deployments in Guatemala, Germany, and Iraq. After her husband passed in 2013, she donated the home of her grandparents to become The Christopher House. The Christopher House is housing for needy veteran women and children of veterans in transition. The goal is to provide safe, structured, homelike community housing to assist each tenant in achieving her goal of returning to self-sustaining independent living. Christine has given so much of herself to her country and others, and we are honored to call her one of Hannaford Supermarket’s 20 Outstanding Women!
Thank you to all the Outstanding Women who go above and beyond to make their communities a better place to live! The unsung heroes in our neighborhoods – those women who are already busy, yet find the time to give back in big ways to help others.
Each Outstanding Woman will be highlighted at on B95.5 with her own day of recognition, and will be invited to an exclusive celebration with all The 20 Outstanding Women!
- New Date for Bruce Springsteen in Albany AnnouncedHe canceled his March 14th show due to illness.
- What is Actor Bill Murray Doing in Albany?Here’s where you can expect to see him this weekend
- Need a Summer Gig? Live Nation at SPAC is HiringWork at one of the biggest destinations in the Capital Region
- VIDEO: CDTA Bus Almost Gets Swallowed by SinkholeChaotic scene in Troy Friday morning
- Dance the night away on stage at SPACThe Saratoga Performing Arts Center Announces its inaugural Summer SPACtacular
- There’s snow stopping it nowSnow continues to fall leaving thousands without power.
- Grammy winning artists to join 2023 SPAC lineupSupergroup TLC and Shaggy coming with special guests En Vogue and Sean Kingston
- It’s a Nor’easter! Snow Totals Increased Across the Capital RegionWhen will it start, when will it end and how much will we get?
- Springsteen Postpones Albany ShowThe announcement was made Sunday afternoon
- Free Coffee on Daylight SavingGrab a free pick me up if you’re tired after springing ahead
- New Ballston Lake Pier and Boat Launch to Open in MayAnglers and kayakers have been waiting almost two years for this
- Road Closures in Albany for St. Patrick’s Day ParadeIf you’re going to Albany Saturday, here’s where to avoid driving/parking
- Truck Pulled from Hudson River in Troy [VIDEO]A large team of emergency crews are on the scene
- Springsteen Postpones Ohio Show Due to IllnessHis Albany date is only five days away
- Could 70 mph Speed Limit be Coming to New York State?Two state legislators are making the pitch for it to happen. The speed limit hasn’t been raised since 1995, when it went…
- Food for Thought & All That Jazzdon’t miss the 31st annual celebration of Food for Thought and All That Jazz on Tuesday, April 4th 5:30pm at SUNY SCCC
- Proctors announces its 2023-2024 Subscription SeasonProctors Collaborative pulled out all the stops last night during their circus themed bash to announce their 2023-2024 Subscription Season for Proctors…
- Scotia Getting a New Bakery on Saturdayand they’re offering free cookies!
- VIDEO: Were You Stuck on the Northway Monday Night? Here’s WhyTraffic was down to one lane
- Height Measuring System Coming to the Glenville BridgeWill this finally fix the problem?