Update 2/27 3:31pm: News 10 reports that Schenectady Police have confirmed the body found last Wednesday along the shore of the Mohawk River is that of 14 year old Samantha Humphrey. She was last seen on November 25th in the area of where her body was found. The cause of death was not released.
Update 2/23 1:41pm: NewsChannel 13 is reporting that the body found Wednesday afternoon along the Mohawk River is indeed that of 14 year old Samantha Humphrey, who went missing on November 25th of last year.
NewsChannel 13 cites a Facebook post of a family member confirming the news:
When a s**t day becomes an even more terrible day, but at least now there is closure of sorts. We’ve all dreaded this day and here it is
A fisherman in the area discovered the body shortly before 3pm Wednesday, since then a large police presence has been in the area.
Update 4:48pm: Investigators are seen along the Mohawk River in what is being called an active crime scene.
Police converge on Mohawk River in Schenectady after possible body found https://t.co/L2nu0DuKw6— Daily Gazette (@dgazette) February 22, 2023
Update 4:44pm: Schenectady Police Chief Eric Clifford confirms a body was pulled from the Mohawk River Wednesday afternoon. He says he cannot confirm the identity of the gender of the person at this time.
Schenectady police chief Eric Clifford announcing that the body of an unknown person was pulled out of the Mohawk River shortly before 3:00 pm on Wednesday. pic.twitter.com/8o6RZsalcG— Ted Remsnyder (@TedRemsnyder) February 22, 2023
Schenectady and State Police are on the scene where a body was reportedly found Wednesday afternoon. Both NewsChannel 13 and the Times Union are reporting that a call came in to police reporting a girl’s body had been discovered.
The area in question is Riverside Park, located in the Stockade section of Schenectady. Fourteen year old Samantha Humphrey was last seen in that vicinity on November 25th of 2022.
Police have roped off the area and it is being treated as an active crime scene. A police airboat and divers are reportedly investigating a large portion of the river.
feature photo: NewsChannel 13
- New Date for Bruce Springsteen in Albany AnnouncedHe canceled his March 14th show due to illness.
- What is Actor Bill Murray Doing in Albany?Here’s where you can expect to see him this weekend
- Need a Summer Gig? Live Nation at SPAC is HiringWork at one of the biggest destinations in the Capital Region
- VIDEO: CDTA Bus Almost Gets Swallowed by SinkholeChaotic scene in Troy Friday morning
- Dance the night away on stage at SPACThe Saratoga Performing Arts Center Announces its inaugural Summer SPACtacular
- There’s snow stopping it nowSnow continues to fall leaving thousands without power.
- Grammy winning artists to join 2023 SPAC lineupSupergroup TLC and Shaggy coming with special guests En Vogue and Sean Kingston
- It’s a Nor’easter! Snow Totals Increased Across the Capital RegionWhen will it start, when will it end and how much will we get?
- Springsteen Postpones Albany ShowThe announcement was made Sunday afternoon
- Free Coffee on Daylight SavingGrab a free pick me up if you’re tired after springing ahead
- New Ballston Lake Pier and Boat Launch to Open in MayAnglers and kayakers have been waiting almost two years for this
- Road Closures in Albany for St. Patrick’s Day ParadeIf you’re going to Albany Saturday, here’s where to avoid driving/parking
- Truck Pulled from Hudson River in Troy [VIDEO]A large team of emergency crews are on the scene
- Springsteen Postpones Ohio Show Due to IllnessHis Albany date is only five days away
- Could 70 mph Speed Limit be Coming to New York State?Two state legislators are making the pitch for it to happen. The speed limit hasn’t been raised since 1995, when it went…
- Food for Thought & All That Jazzdon’t miss the 31st annual celebration of Food for Thought and All That Jazz on Tuesday, April 4th 5:30pm at SUNY SCCC
- Proctors announces its 2023-2024 Subscription SeasonProctors Collaborative pulled out all the stops last night during their circus themed bash to announce their 2023-2024 Subscription Season for Proctors…
- Scotia Getting a New Bakery on Saturdayand they’re offering free cookies!
- VIDEO: Were You Stuck on the Northway Monday Night? Here’s WhyTraffic was down to one lane
- Height Measuring System Coming to the Glenville BridgeWill this finally fix the problem?