A messy mix of winter weather is descending on the area Wednesday night into Thursday, which could cause for dangerous driving conditions and the loss off power to some spots.
The storm system, which will bring a mix of snow, sleet, freezing rain and ice will impact most of the Capital Region, however there are concerns in some areas where ice build ups on tree limbs could lead to power outages.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for most of the area. Approximately 1-3 inches of snow and sleet could impact most of the Capital Region, with more expected in the higher elevations.
Most at risk for dangerous ice accumulations are Montgomery, Schoharie, Schenectady, Columbia, Greene, and Berkshire counties.
Initial snow late this P.M & evening will lead to some messy travel. However, snow changes to sleet & freezing rain by Midnight. Freezing rain in the Berkshires, Helderbergs & northern/eastern Catskills could be up to 0.25″ so some power outages may occur. #nywx #mawx #ctwx #vtwx pic.twitter.com/MMtSWFDSbe— NWS Albany (@NWSAlbany) February 22, 2023
National Grid has crews mobilized in the event of widespread power outages.
We’ve increased staffing in preparation for the winter storm across portions of upstate New York. The storm is expected to bring snow, sleet, ice, and potential high winds Wednesday and Thursday.— National Grid US (@nationalgridus) February 21, 2023
If a power outage occurs, you can notify us here: https://t.co/F3SFMIgHnp pic.twitter.com/KnHOsn0GYo
FEMA reminds you to take these simple steps to stay safe during a power outage
feature photo: Reuters
- New Date for Bruce Springsteen in Albany AnnouncedHe canceled his March 14th show due to illness.
- What is Actor Bill Murray Doing in Albany?Here’s where you can expect to see him this weekend
- Need a Summer Gig? Live Nation at SPAC is HiringWork at one of the biggest destinations in the Capital Region
- VIDEO: CDTA Bus Almost Gets Swallowed by SinkholeChaotic scene in Troy Friday morning
- Dance the night away on stage at SPACThe Saratoga Performing Arts Center Announces its inaugural Summer SPACtacular
- There’s snow stopping it nowSnow continues to fall leaving thousands without power.
- Grammy winning artists to join 2023 SPAC lineupSupergroup TLC and Shaggy coming with special guests En Vogue and Sean Kingston
- It’s a Nor’easter! Snow Totals Increased Across the Capital RegionWhen will it start, when will it end and how much will we get?
- Springsteen Postpones Albany ShowThe announcement was made Sunday afternoon
- Free Coffee on Daylight SavingGrab a free pick me up if you’re tired after springing ahead
- New Ballston Lake Pier and Boat Launch to Open in MayAnglers and kayakers have been waiting almost two years for this
- Road Closures in Albany for St. Patrick’s Day ParadeIf you’re going to Albany Saturday, here’s where to avoid driving/parking
- Truck Pulled from Hudson River in Troy [VIDEO]A large team of emergency crews are on the scene
- Springsteen Postpones Ohio Show Due to IllnessHis Albany date is only five days away
- Could 70 mph Speed Limit be Coming to New York State?Two state legislators are making the pitch for it to happen. The speed limit hasn’t been raised since 1995, when it went…
- Food for Thought & All That Jazzdon’t miss the 31st annual celebration of Food for Thought and All That Jazz on Tuesday, April 4th 5:30pm at SUNY SCCC
- Proctors announces its 2023-2024 Subscription SeasonProctors Collaborative pulled out all the stops last night during their circus themed bash to announce their 2023-2024 Subscription Season for Proctors…
- Scotia Getting a New Bakery on Saturdayand they’re offering free cookies!
- VIDEO: Were You Stuck on the Northway Monday Night? Here’s WhyTraffic was down to one lane
- Height Measuring System Coming to the Glenville BridgeWill this finally fix the problem?