Meet Jacob, Dominique and Frank. They are three employees of the City of Albany’s Department of General Services. On Wednesday morning, they spotted something unusual and their actions wound up saving a woman’s life.
The workers were out doing recycling in the city when they noticed a woman up against a tree – something seemed off. As they got closer they noticed shoelaces around her neck and she was struggling. It turns out, the woman was trying to take her own life.
Like standing against a tree and it seemed like she was scratching her back, but when we got closer, she didn’t have any shoelaces on, no shoes on, and she had a string over her neck,” Frank said.NewsChannel 13
When the workers got to her, she was turning blue and was barely conscious. They called for help but stayed with her.
We were talking to her,” Jacob said. “We were just trying to make her stay conscious, just so she didn’t pass out or anything like that. We were able to keep her in a good state until the authorities came.NewsChannel 13
The three men were all given commendation certificates from the Department of General Services in recognition for their lifesaving effort.
Way to go Dominique, Jacob and Frank!
feature photo: NewsChannel 13 Video
- New Date for Bruce Springsteen in Albany AnnouncedHe canceled his March 14th show due to illness.
- What is Actor Bill Murray Doing in Albany?Here’s where you can expect to see him this weekend
- Need a Summer Gig? Live Nation at SPAC is HiringWork at one of the biggest destinations in the Capital Region
- VIDEO: CDTA Bus Almost Gets Swallowed by SinkholeChaotic scene in Troy Friday morning
- Dance the night away on stage at SPACThe Saratoga Performing Arts Center Announces its inaugural Summer SPACtacular
- There’s snow stopping it nowSnow continues to fall leaving thousands without power.
- Grammy winning artists to join 2023 SPAC lineupSupergroup TLC and Shaggy coming with special guests En Vogue and Sean Kingston
- It’s a Nor’easter! Snow Totals Increased Across the Capital RegionWhen will it start, when will it end and how much will we get?
- Springsteen Postpones Albany ShowThe announcement was made Sunday afternoon
- Free Coffee on Daylight SavingGrab a free pick me up if you’re tired after springing ahead
- New Ballston Lake Pier and Boat Launch to Open in MayAnglers and kayakers have been waiting almost two years for this
- Road Closures in Albany for St. Patrick’s Day ParadeIf you’re going to Albany Saturday, here’s where to avoid driving/parking
- Truck Pulled from Hudson River in Troy [VIDEO]A large team of emergency crews are on the scene
- Springsteen Postpones Ohio Show Due to IllnessHis Albany date is only five days away
- Could 70 mph Speed Limit be Coming to New York State?Two state legislators are making the pitch for it to happen. The speed limit hasn’t been raised since 1995, when it went…
- Food for Thought & All That Jazzdon’t miss the 31st annual celebration of Food for Thought and All That Jazz on Tuesday, April 4th 5:30pm at SUNY SCCC
- Proctors announces its 2023-2024 Subscription SeasonProctors Collaborative pulled out all the stops last night during their circus themed bash to announce their 2023-2024 Subscription Season for Proctors…
- Scotia Getting a New Bakery on Saturdayand they’re offering free cookies!
- VIDEO: Were You Stuck on the Northway Monday Night? Here’s WhyTraffic was down to one lane
- Height Measuring System Coming to the Glenville BridgeWill this finally fix the problem?