Residents who live near the infamous Glenville bridge have had it. But, they’ve come to terms with the prospect that tractor trailers will continue to hit the bridge and nothing will be done.
There is no solution. Local (drivers) or not, people aren’t paying attention to the signs.
That’s what neighbor Keith Gordon recently told the Times Union.
The bridge carries freight trains and is owned by a Canadian company. Elected officials have tried every which way possible to come up with a solution. Still, approximately 25-30 vehicles strike the bridge every year. In December alone, two trucks were destroyed by the bridge within a 7 day span. One of them was carrying a large delivery of toilet paper, which was scattered throughout the road – not to mention all the metal and debris from the truck.
Glenville’s Glenridge Road Bridge struck again on Monday, peeling the roof from a tractor-trailer and dumping its load of toilet paper into the street.— Times Union (@timesunion) December 9, 2022
FULL STORY: https://t.co/PHb3oIhu3I pic.twitter.com/3HcJJNnELP
🎶Hit me baby, one more time… or don’t. Please don’t.— Mikhaela Singleton (@MSingletonTV) December 9, 2022
The Glenville bridge takes another truck as its victim this morning. Traffic is a bit backed up as police and tow companies try to pick up the pieces of the roof. So far, no one appears to be hurt. pic.twitter.com/oZSEekKvbl
#TrafficAlert A portion of Glenridge Road in Glenville from the circle to Bruce Dr. is shut down as crews work to remove a tractor trailer that slammed into the bridge ….. again… pic.twitter.com/L4ndBNJcLU— Samantha DiMascio (@SamanthaOn10) July 24, 2018
Another truck strike Glenridge Road Rail Bridge in Glenville. I just took these today after a truck had its roof peeled off. I’ve written, with Supervisor @ChrisKoetzle to @NYSDOT asking for better signage & plan to address this public safety issue. They said they’re reviewing it pic.twitter.com/xQ8iahFWiv— Senator Jim Tedisco (@JamesTedisco) September 7, 2019
This just in: The latest truck to strike the Glenville bridge was carrying some precious cargo: a load of Twisted Tea 👀— Two Buttons Deep (@TwoButtonsDeep) November 2, 2021
📷: Michael Sliss / WRBG pic.twitter.com/jvDNeYEVNs
feature photo: NewsChannel 13 Video
- DMV Inspection Stickers get a New Look in New York StateThe rollout has already begun
- Capital Region County Fair Dates Announced for 2023Set your mind on fried dough!
- Police Searching for Missing Cohoes WomanThey’re asking for your help in locating her
- Druthers Taking Over Popular Saratoga RestaurantThe new operation is expected to open this spring
- Local Mall Hosting Bigfoot ConventionDo you believe?
- 3 Locals to Appear on American Ninja WarriorThe Capital Region has Ninjas!
- Are You Albany’s Next Tulip Queen?Nominations are being accepted now!
- What’s Up with the Abandoned Holiday Inn on Wolf Rd?Vacant since the pandemic, is there about to be progress?
- Casting Call! Commercial Being Filmed in the Capital RegionExtras needed
- When to See The ‘Green Comet’ in the Capital RegionIt hasn’t been seen from earth since cave man days
- Woman of the Week!She’s Yar Lash and Beauty Bar is looking for the most remarkable women in the Capital Region! We’ll give them a chance to…
- Bed Bath & Beyond Shutting Down Capital Region StoreIf you received any gift cards to Bed Bath & Beyond over the holidays, use them quick! The retail chain has added…
- ‘Dangerously Cold’ Temps Coming to the Capital RegionThe coldest air mass of the season is making its way to our area.
- Ace of HeartsAre you looking for Valentines Day Romance? Let B95.5 and Saratoga Casino Hotel play cupid as we turn you into the Capital…
- Popular Capital Region Burrito Restaurant ClosingGet your final order in this weekend!
- Albany Empire Releases 2023 Arena Football ScheduleThe action returns to MVP Arena this April!
- Get ready to Bop with Kidz Bop Live!Get the family and get ready to BOP this summer at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center!! B95.5 is excited to welcome back…
- Scenes from a 1942 Schenectady ParadeHere’s how they partied in the Electric City back in the day!
- Dave Matthews Band Announces Two SPAC DatesA favorite on the Capital Region concert scene for decades.
- Saratoga ChowderfestSaratoga Chowderfest is back for 2023!