Residents who live near the infamous Glenville bridge have had it. But, they’ve come to terms with the prospect that tractor trailers will continue to hit the bridge and nothing will be done.
There is no solution. Local (drivers) or not, people aren’t paying attention to the signs.
That’s what neighbor Keith Gordon recently told the Times Union.
The bridge carries freight trains and is owned by a Canadian company. Elected officials have tried every which way possible to come up with a solution. Still, approximately 25-30 vehicles strike the bridge every year. In December alone, two trucks were destroyed by the bridge within a 7 day span. One of them was carrying a large delivery of toilet paper, which was scattered throughout the road – not to mention all the metal and debris from the truck.
Glenville’s Glenridge Road Bridge struck again on Monday, peeling the roof from a tractor-trailer and dumping its load of toilet paper into the street.— Times Union (@timesunion) December 9, 2022
FULL STORY: https://t.co/PHb3oIhu3I pic.twitter.com/3HcJJNnELP
🎶Hit me baby, one more time… or don’t. Please don’t.— Mikhaela Singleton (@MSingletonTV) December 9, 2022
The Glenville bridge takes another truck as its victim this morning. Traffic is a bit backed up as police and tow companies try to pick up the pieces of the roof. So far, no one appears to be hurt. pic.twitter.com/oZSEekKvbl
#TrafficAlert A portion of Glenridge Road in Glenville from the circle to Bruce Dr. is shut down as crews work to remove a tractor trailer that slammed into the bridge ….. again… pic.twitter.com/L4ndBNJcLU— Samantha DiMascio (@SamanthaOn10) July 24, 2018
SAME BRIDGE AS ALWAYS: The #Glenville town supervisor posted this photo to Facebook this morning. NewsChannel 13 is working to get more information. pic.twitter.com/RSNRurvzGr— WNYT NewsChannel 13 (@WNYT) August 26, 2022
#TrafficAlert: #Breaking: Tractor trailer strikes railroad bridge in Glenville on Maple Ave, food products scattered across the scene.— CBS 6 Albany – WRGB (@CBS6Albany) June 9, 2022
UPDATES: https://t.co/i9t10zfsoD pic.twitter.com/PYdiVCpvUy
Another truck strike Glenridge Road Rail Bridge in Glenville. I just took these today after a truck had its roof peeled off. I’ve written, with Supervisor @ChrisKoetzle to @NYSDOT asking for better signage & plan to address this public safety issue. They said they’re reviewing it pic.twitter.com/xQ8iahFWiv— Senator Jim Tedisco (@JamesTedisco) September 7, 2019
This just in: The latest truck to strike the Glenville bridge was carrying some precious cargo: a load of Twisted Tea 👀— Two Buttons Deep (@TwoButtonsDeep) November 2, 2021
📷: Michael Sliss / WRBG pic.twitter.com/jvDNeYEVNs
Glenville railroad bridge turns can opener: https://t.co/N858eEvtlp pic.twitter.com/nsZIF0r3Dz— Steven Cook (@ByStevenCook) February 4, 2016
#518news @dgazette A trucker from #quebeccity failed to negotiate the height limitations of a railroad bridge on Maple Av in Glenville. pic.twitter.com/snGfsgDcbn— Peter R. Barber (@prbarber1) November 29, 2016
feature photo: NewsChannel 13 Video
- Smoky Skies in the Capital Region Tonight, Here’s WhyIt’s actually coming from very far away
- Scotia Announces Freedom Park Concert Series LineupCheck out the local favorites performing this year!
- Rina Sawayama LIVE!B95.5 has your chance to win tickets to see Rina Sawayama live at MASS MoCA on Friday June 9th!
- Fee Free Tickets Opening Day at the SPAC Box OfficeSPAC Route 50 Box Office Opens for the season with no fees to multiple concerts this summer
- Ronald McDonald House prepares for 5K Fun Run and Birthday BashThe Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region is getting ready for their Birthday Bash and annual 5K Fun Run and Birthday Bash on Saturday, June 24th.
- BREAKING: Tina Turner Passes AwayThe legendary and beloved ‘Queen of Rock N Roll’ was 83
- Ballston Spa Announces Summer Movie SeriesFirst Fridays are for movies in B-SPA
- 200 New Jobs Coming to the Capital RegionGreat news!
- Free Summer Movies at Albany’s Palace TheatreNeed a spot to bring the kids on super-warm summer days? The Palace Theatre will once again be offering their free ‘Summer…
- Big Show Announced for Summer 2024 at SPACAlready getting ready for next summer!
- Colonie, Be Prepared to Boil Water Through the WeekendOfficials will continue testing for safety
- Tri-City Valley Cats Giving Away Free Chick-fil-AThe anticipation has been building for YEARS in the Capital Region, when will we finally get our Chick-fil-A? Two restaurants are almost…
- Big Carnival Underway in ColonieRides, thrills and fair food!
- Albany Airport Adds New Direct FlightsThe new flights will be offered starting this summer
- What’s Going on at this Clifton Park Strip Mall?Who’s moving in?
- Food Truck Festival Coming to East GreenbushSummer is delicious and food truck fare is extra tasty. If you love the street food atmosphere, you’ll want to head over…
- Ice Cream, Mini Golf, Go Kart Complex Coming to GlenvilleThe family fun destination will open this summer
- Capital Region School to ‘Lock’ Student’s Cell PhonesPhones will be ‘locked up’
- The B 95.5 Secret SoundListen for the B95.5 Secret Sound it could be your chance to win cash!
- City of Troy Announces Powers Park Concert SeriesA big lineup of party bands and tribute bands will be performing this summer