Talk about a perfect storm. This bomb cyclone moving across parts of the US has already caused numerous cancelations and near impossible travel conditions.
Very cold temperatures heading our way, please prepare accordingly. The chart below shows minimum wind chill values through the holiday weekend. Coldest values expected overnight into Saturday morning. Wind chill advisories in effect for many locations beginning tonight. pic.twitter.com/7SXUih0gAq— NWS Albany (@NWSAlbany) December 23, 2022
Here in the Capital Region, we’re in for quite a ride today and tonight. Temperatures will get into the 50’s with rain through the afternoon hours – rain coupled with snow melting could cause flooding in some areas. Temps will quickly drop throughout the day into the evening with rain changing to snow – about 2″ possible in the Capital Region.
Flood Watch, High Wind Warnings and Wind Advisories through this afternoon. Sharply colder this afternoon and evening with a Flash Freeze in poor drainage areas. Wind Chill Advisory tonight through Saturday morning. pic.twitter.com/MPTQTZgCIP— NWS Albany (@NWSAlbany) December 23, 2022
Wet surfaces will not have a chance to dry and the extreme cold moving in tonight will cause flash freezing on roads and sidewalks – driving could be dangerous. In addition, strong winds will move into the area – gusts could reach between 40 and 60 mph, power outages are likely in some areas.
Next hazard to watch tonight is the strong to potentially damaging winds. Strongest winds expected in the southern ADKs, southern Greens, Taconics & Berkshires where gusts 45-60mph are possible. Elsewhere, gusts 30-40mph expected. Wind continue into Fri. #nywx #mawx #vtwx #ctwx pic.twitter.com/TztmhuqfHR— NWS Albany (@NWSAlbany) December 23, 2022
National Grid says they are closely watching the areas expected to be most impacted by the storm.
- DMV Inspection Stickers get a New Look in New York StateThe rollout has already begun
- Capital Region County Fair Dates Announced for 2023Set your mind on fried dough!
- Police Searching for Missing Cohoes WomanThey’re asking for your help in locating her
- Druthers Taking Over Popular Saratoga RestaurantThe new operation is expected to open this spring
- Local Mall Hosting Bigfoot ConventionDo you believe?
- 3 Locals to Appear on American Ninja WarriorThe Capital Region has Ninjas!
- Are You Albany’s Next Tulip Queen?Nominations are being accepted now!
- What’s Up with the Abandoned Holiday Inn on Wolf Rd?Vacant since the pandemic, is there about to be progress?
- Casting Call! Commercial Being Filmed in the Capital RegionExtras needed
- When to See The ‘Green Comet’ in the Capital RegionIt hasn’t been seen from earth since cave man days
- Woman of the Week!She’s Yar Lash and Beauty Bar is looking for the most remarkable women in the Capital Region! We’ll give them a chance to…
- Bed Bath & Beyond Shutting Down Capital Region StoreIf you received any gift cards to Bed Bath & Beyond over the holidays, use them quick! The retail chain has added…
- ‘Dangerously Cold’ Temps Coming to the Capital RegionThe coldest air mass of the season is making its way to our area.
- Ace of HeartsAre you looking for Valentines Day Romance? Let B95.5 and Saratoga Casino Hotel play cupid as we turn you into the Capital…
- Popular Capital Region Burrito Restaurant ClosingGet your final order in this weekend!
- Albany Empire Releases 2023 Arena Football ScheduleThe action returns to MVP Arena this April!
- Get ready to Bop with Kidz Bop Live!Get the family and get ready to BOP this summer at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center!! B95.5 is excited to welcome back…
- Scenes from a 1942 Schenectady ParadeHere’s how they partied in the Electric City back in the day!
- Dave Matthews Band Announces Two SPAC DatesA favorite on the Capital Region concert scene for decades.
- Saratoga ChowderfestSaratoga Chowderfest is back for 2023!