Could it be? Will it finally happen? After years of neglect and decay, the hulking concrete behemoth that towers over 787 could finally get the makeover that it – as well as the city skyline – so desperately needs.
In a press conference Thursday morning, Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan and Albany County Executive Dan McCoy announced that the Central Warehouse is officially in the hands of Redburn Development – who plan on restoring the long abandoned and neglected structure.
Jeff Buell, the president of Redburn Development told NewsChannel 13 he’s ready for the challenge:
It’s just sitting here. It’s decaying. I don’t know how we can grow as a region when you look at this every day, and people drive by it – 80,000 cars, and you look at it and it’s just sitting there. Until we fix this, how can we grow?
The company says they have plans for the first floor to be commercial space, with residential space taking up the rest of the building.
Buell says he and his team are ambitious to get to work. They’ve already begun cleaning up the building on Thursday. As for a timeframe, Buell says he believes he can have the building ready for use by the end of 2024.
- Hot Summer WeekendListen all weekend long for your chance at tickets to see the Hot Summer Nights Tour with TLC and Shaggy June 16th at SPAC!
- Arrested Development to Play Schenectady Summer NightThe Capital Region’s biggest block party is back for 2023!
- Local Choirs to open for ForeignerTwo local chorus groups set to open for the legendary rock band Foreigner and Loverboy at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) on August 1st.
- Hot Air Balloons in the Capital Region Skies this WeekendHot air balloons, fireworks, carnival rides and more
- [PHOTOS/VIDEO] 25 Years since the Mechanicville TornadoA once in a lifetime storm that ripped through the Capital Region
- Smoky Skies in the Capital Region Tonight, Here’s WhyIt’s actually coming from very far away
- Scotia Announces Freedom Park Concert Series LineupCheck out the local favorites performing this year!
- Fee Free Tickets Opening Day at the SPAC Box OfficeSPAC Route 50 Box Office Opens for the season with no fees to multiple concerts this summer
- Ronald McDonald House prepares for 5K Fun Run and Birthday BashThe Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region is getting ready for their Birthday Bash and annual 5K Fun Run and Birthday Bash on Saturday, June 24th.
- BREAKING: Tina Turner Passes AwayThe legendary and beloved ‘Queen of Rock N Roll’ was 83
- Ballston Spa Announces Summer Movie SeriesFirst Fridays are for movies in B-SPA
- 200 New Jobs Coming to the Capital RegionGreat news!
- Free Summer Movies at Albany’s Palace TheatreNeed a spot to bring the kids on super-warm summer days? The Palace Theatre will once again be offering their free ‘Summer…
- Big Show Announced for Summer 2024 at SPACAlready getting ready for next summer!
- Colonie, Be Prepared to Boil Water Through the WeekendOfficials will continue testing for safety
- Tri-City Valley Cats Giving Away Free Chick-fil-AThe anticipation has been building for YEARS in the Capital Region, when will we finally get our Chick-fil-A? Two restaurants are almost…
- Big Carnival Underway in ColonieRides, thrills and fair food!
- Albany Airport Adds New Direct FlightsThe new flights will be offered starting this summer
- What’s Going on at this Clifton Park Strip Mall?Who’s moving in?
- Food Truck Festival Coming to East GreenbushSummer is delicious and food truck fare is extra tasty. If you love the street food atmosphere, you’ll want to head over…